I don’t believe in working for people; I work with you. When you hire me, you’ll have a partner, a collaborator, someone working by your side to reach your goals.
What makes me a better collaborator? I’m a reliable designer! I’m fun, I’m creative, but I’m also a grown-up. That’s why I’m all about honesty, fairness and communication.
Things to Ask Yourself (whether you go with me or not)
- What’s my budget for this project? Can I get a retainer to the designer before work starts?
- What’s my deadline for this project? Be realistic.
- Is there anyone else besides me that is part of the financial decision making process?
- Will I be available for the life of the project, start to finish? If not, who else will be a decision maker?
- What is my company doing right, with regards to marketing? What are we doing that isn’t working?
- Who are my competitors? What are they doing right with their marketing? What are they doing wrong?
- What marketing/advertising have I seen in another industry that I would like to try?
- Does my company have a branding style guide (fonts, colors, logo use rules)?
- What kind of license does my company have for the fonts and images that are vital to my brand? Can they be legally shared with a contractor? (If not, the price of the fonts and images needed will have to be rolled into the project fee.)
When you approach me for a project, here’s what you can expect:
Step 1: You tell me what you need. We go over details in a creative brief.
Step 2: I create a proposal, which includes:
- Materials you agree to give/send me (pre-existing art and copy/text)
- Budget (estimate of the fee, not final)
- Timeline (due dates, including: to print, go live, your presentations)
- Fee schedule and retainer(s)
- Scope of work
Step 3: We agree on the proposal and sign it as an agreement. You send me your retainer fee, as well as any materials needed for the project.
Step 4: Once step 3 is completed, we begin work.
Step 5: You pay me and you get new customers. Everyone’s happy!
If you have a multifaceted project that will require other disciplines, such as Web development or copywriting, I can also act as your project manager and pull together a team of marketing professionals for your project.Contact Me Today!